The lake is a popular fishing destination, one of the top five fishing spots in the state.
Fish species found in the dam include Australian bass, golden perch, silver perch, bony bream, eel-tailed catfish, spangled perch, Mary River cod, snub nosed gar, Queensland lungfish and saratoga. A stocked impoundment permit is required to fish in the dam.
Our friendly staff can help you obtain fishing permits
Yearly: $100 or $75 for renewals
Boat permit vendors in the Wivenhoe and Somerset areas:
- Kilcoy Information Centre
- Esk Visitor Information Centre
- Lake Somerset Holiday Park
- Fernvale Futures Complex
- Logan's Complex Campgrounds (Wivenhoe)
- Somerset Park Campgrounds
- Camp Somerset
- Mitre 10 Fernvale
- Dutch Pancakes - mobile food vendor
- The Dam Shed (previously the Somerset General Store)
* Please note: Seqwater does not control the opening hours of these vendors